Public voting has ended and CUES Next Top Credit Union Exec (NTCUE) has announced its Top 10 applicants for 2018. The NTCUE competition–held in partnership with DDJ Myers and powered by Currency–searches for emerging leaders age 35 and under from within the credit union industry.
“We were pleased to have had 163 worthy young credit union leaders nominated for this, our ninth year of competition. Of those nominated, twenty-three applied by submitting an entry video,” said John Pembroke, CUES’ President/CEO. “After putting the twenty-three applicants to a public vote, we were delighted to see the votes flood in; we had well over 3,200 this year.”
The top five vote-getters automatically advanced to the Top 10 phase, and five additional applicants were chosen by a special judging panel of former NTCUE finalists to round out the Top 10.
Named to the Top 10 in the CUES Next Top Credit Union Exec competition are:
- Lorna Adams, 34, Talent Management Specialist, Anheuser-Busch Employees’ Credit Union, St. Louis, Missouri, United States
- Blaine Bartholomew, 35, AVP of Member Experience, Unitus Community Credit Union, Portland, Oregon, United States
- Lynette Cupps, 35, VP Organizational Development, MAX Credit Union, Montgomery, Alabama, United States
- Clark Duncan, 26, Branch Manager, Fort Knox Federal Credit Union, Radcliff, Kentucky, United States
- Aubrey Gallagher, 31, Compliance Assistant, Heartland Credit Union, Hutchinson, Kansas, United States
- Brittany Martin, 24, Business Development Specialist, Mill City Credit Union, Minnetonka, Minnesota, United States
- Jodi Maus, 33, Talent Development Specialist, Central Minnesota Credit Union, Melrose, Minnesota, United States
- Mackenzie Schultz, 25, Loan Processor, Blackhawk Community Credit Union, Janesville, Wisconsin, United States
- Symantha Sermino, 34, Commercial Loan Processor, Northwest Community Credit Union, Eugene, Oregon, United States
- Emily Strybosch, 31, Brand Specialist, Libro Credit Union, London, Ontario, Canada
The Top 10 will now submit a blog post update about their project to NextTopCreditUnionExec.com. To provide additional value to the competition experience, they’ll each receive an executive coaching session from DDJ Myers, a Silver CUESolutions provider for their succession planning, executive recruitment and leadership coaching services. A judging panel of two CUES members and Deedee Myers of DDJ Myers will then score the Top 10’s applications and blog posts, narrowing the competition to the Final Five, who will move on to the finals.
The five Finalists will receive additional coaching, airfare, accommodations and registration to CUES’ CEO/Executive Team Network™, November 5-7 in Nashville, where they will give their final presentations. The winner will receive further coaching, airfare, accommodations and registration for two CUES’ CEO Institutes, a total prize package valued at $20,000.
To follow along with the next stages of the competition, visit NextTopCreditUnionExec.com.
CUES (www.cues.org) is a Madison, Wisconsin-based, independent, not-for-profit, international membership association for credit union executives. CUES’ mission is to educate and develop credit union CEOs, directors and future leaders.
Currency (www.currencymarketing.ca) is a credit union-focused marketing firm. Our unique programs—It’s a Money Thing, Young & Free and Next Top Credit Union Exec—focus on helping credit unions raise awareness, build relationships and foster financial empowerment with young adults.
Based in Phoenix, Ariz., DDJ Myers (www.ddjmyers.com) offers executive recruitment, strategic organization, and customized leadership programs.