More exciting news!
I’m very pleased to announce that the second project for this CUES contest, my Financial MOMentum blog, has launched! I’m so excited to get this project underway, and to connect with moms in Kansas City and across the country!
Here are a few statistics and reasons I chose to launch this blog:
- 85 percent of moms online read blogs, but few focus solely on financial matters. And it matters greatly.
- Moms are the primary managers of money in a majority of U.S. households
- Moms understand how a community can help make everyone better
- Parents are more comfortable having the “sex talk” with their kids than discussing personal finance issues
- Personal finance maven Suze Orman, not even a mom herself, sees moms as an important demographic, and earlier this year launched a website dedicated solely for moms
When you put these facts together, it’s easy to recognize a huge need. I strongly believe families deserve constant, relevant information that can help them achieve their specific financial dreams. And clearly blogs are a place moms go for information, so I’m confident I can bring real, relatable and applicable content to moms via this blog!
So Financial MOMentum has launched, which means… the work has just begun! It’s worth noting that I’ve never felt this was a solo process, and I know it will take a team effort. I sincerely invite your input, feedback and participation, and hope you’ll check out my new blog and provide suggestions on topics you’d like to learn more about, etc. Thanks as always for following my progress and supporting these important efforts!
Next Post Teaser: I think you’ll be very HAPPY to read my next post!