Blaine Bartholomew is a 35-year-old AVP of Member Experience at Unitus Community Credit Union ($1B) in Portland, Oregon, United States.
Member Rewards Account Program
Member reward program focused on the ownership difference, promoting technology and saving, and attracting Millennials.
My project proposal is to create a Unitus member rewards program that is a tool for improvement in the following areas:
- Clearly communicates the benefits of being a member owner.
- More than words, the member will see tangible benefits of being an owner.
- Promotes member saving.
- Creates innovative ways for members to save money.
- Reinforces the credit union difference.
- Like the REI dividend check, it is a reminder of why we are different.
- Demystifies negative connotations associated with credit unions (“local”).
- Offers a tool to incent member behavior to reveal member experience channels we have to offer. Think about a $2 reward for using a CO-OP ATM, or a $5 reward for your first mobile check deposit for example.
- Attracts and retains members (especially millennials).
- Incorporate into mobile/online banking solution to incorporate positive reinforcement as members improve their financial lives.
I will lead a project to overhaul of our current “Share” account into a robust “rewards” account that is customized for Unitus.